AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT Description and Specifications for Lab Tenders
trainer should be designed to teach students principles and introductory to
Automotive Electronic Circuits through comprehensive practical activities using
on-board component's matrix with modular electronic components. The activities
include simple DC circuits and measurements, lamp in series circuits, lamp in
parallel circuits, lamp in series-parallel circuits, switches, battery and
fuse, resistance circuit, diodes and transistor familiarization
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT, AUTOMOTIVE LAB.
The unit contains a circuit board with connection matrix, power supply, electrical test leads, and student experiment manual presented in hard copy and pdf format. PCB’s should be made from fiberglass, coated with epoxy to prevent corrosion and suitable for harsh environments. Labeled components with powder coated base.
The experiment exercises start with relevant theory of electronic and basic semiconductor components and proceed to practical activities using the modular electronic component and connecting leads to create various electronic circuits. Manual provided, must clearly show the following educational Objectives are met.
· Build a simple circuit containing a battery and lamp.
· Measure DC voltage using a digital multimeter.
· Observe the operation of a switch.
· Observe the operation of a fuse.
· Observe the concept of a common ground connection.
· Build a circuit from a schematic diagram.
· Measure DC current and resistance using a digital multimeter.
· Calculate power use in lamp circuits.
· Measure voltage drops across lamps connected in series.
· Measure current through lamps connected in parallel.
· Measure voltages and currents in a series-parallel lamp circuit.
· Use a multimeter to investigate the operation of a range of switches.
· Observe the effect of different switch types on circuit operation.
· Observe switches connected in series and parallel.
· Build series, parallel and series parallel circuits with resistors.
· Apply Ohm's Law and Kirchoff's Law.
· Familiarization with diode and transistor.
Base Station features:
· 2mm circuit matrix, 12VDC source with battery symbol, 500mA fuse, 1A fuse, push to make switch, push to break switch, 2 position on/off switch, 2 position changeover switch (SPDT), 3 position on-off-on switch, 2 pole changeover (DPDT) switch, Power Switch with indicator.
Plug-in Component :
· Resistor 5 Ohm 5 Watt (2pcs), Resistor 10 Ohm 2 Watt (4pcs), Resistor 100 Ohm 2 Watt (4pcs), Resistor 1 kilo Ohm 1 Watt (2pcs), NPN Transistor 2N3904 (2pcs), PNP Transistor 2N3905 (2pcs), NPN Transistor BD139 (2pcs), PNP Transistor BD140 (2pcs), Diode 1N4002 (4pcs), Lamp 1 Watt (2pcs), Lamp 3 Watt (2pcs).
· Experiment manual.
· Power cord.
· RED Jumper wire : 25 cm long (3 pcs), 50 cm long (4 pcs)
· GREEN Jumper wire: 20 cm long (3 pcs), 40 cm long (4 pcs)
· BLUE Jumper wire: 20 cm long (3 pcs), 40 cm long (4 pcs)
· BLACK Jumper wire: 25 cm long (4 pcs), 30 cm long (4 pcs)
Include Additional Items:
· Computer Aided Instruction software which should be compatible with Class Room Management System. The CAI contains theory, presentation, workshop job-sheet and student activities with assessment questions.
· Digital Multimeter