Cross Flow Heat Exchanger Description and Specifications for Lab Tenders
Cross Flow Heat Exchanger.
Cross Flow Heat Exchanger A small-scale cross flow heat exchanger
system for use with the
Heat Exchanger Service unit to teach the fundamentals concepts of heat transfer.
• Some parts in the heat exchanger such as probes and axial fan can be easily removed for cleaning.
•The enables variation of the parameters involved in the cross flow exchange process and therefore a complete analysis of the phenomena.
• K-type thermocouples measure the inlet and outlet water and air temperatures, as well as permitting the connection of the air velocity sensor.
• The air mass flow rate is derived using an air velocity sensor.
• The Cross Flow Heat Exchanger is mounted on a PVC baseplate which is designed to be installed on the plinth of the Heat Exchanger Unit without the need for tools.
• A comprehensive instruction manual is included.
> This unit consists of a PVC rectangular duct, axial fan and a single fan radiator
> The radiator is accommodated in the middle and across the air duct
> The axial fan is located between the radiator and one edge of the duct. It can provide max air velocity of 2m/s.
> The fins of the radiator are made from copper and shine in the light, and allow a heat transfer area of 14,000mm2
> Four thermocouples measure input and output water and air temperatures
> Quick release hot fluid connections allow rapid connection.
> The exercises proposed with the provide function of basic
engineering concepts such as psychometric properties and mathematical
> An air velocity sensor provides measurement of air flow inside the
duct, which can be directly observed on the units software
Heat Transfer Lab equipment manufacturers,exporters and Heat Transfer Lab suppliers