Geotechnical Gauge Description and Specifications for Lab Tenders
Geotechnical Gauge Use: Soil properties chart.
· To classify soils to BS 1377:2, ENV 1997-2, ASTM D4318, AASHTO T89
· Geotechnical Gauge; water-resistant 127x203mm (5x8in) plastic card on a lanyard with a wealth of information for classification of soils. Six color chips, four patches of sized grains, and four tables for classifying:
· Soils by particle size using the Unified Soils Classification System.
· Coarse and fine grained soils into fifteen descriptive categories from gravels and sands to silts and clays.
· Sand by type from very loose to very dense.
· Clays from very soft to hard.Edges of the card with separate 0-6in and 0-110mm scales.