Leveling Staff Description and Specifications for Lab Tenders
Leveling Staff Use: Accessories to level.
· BS 4484;IS-11961-1986
· Compatible with level, theodolite and total station
· The levelling staff shall be of sturdy design that meets the requirements for intensive field work.
· The staff material should be one of the following: teak, cypress, kail, aimi, champ, hollock or aluminium alloy (A6 of IS-617-1975).
· If timber is used as staff material, then it shall be well seasoned, sawn in radial direction and free of defects.
· The staff shall be telescopic, comprising three sections without any joint in length.
· The shoe shall be of brass conforming to grade IS-292-1983.
· The top plate shall be of aluminium, anodised black and of grade A6 of IS-627-1975.
· Length 4 m
· Graduations 200 divisions per meter
· Graduation colour alternating black and white (10 mm width)
· Numerals every decimetre in black
every meter in red
Accessories (conforming to same standard as above)
· circular bubble sensitivity of 25 minutes per 2 mm run
· carrying case canvasplummet fittings for test and adjustment of bubble