Sand Cone Density Apparatus Description and Specifications for Lab Tenders
Sand Cone Density Apparatus Use: Used to determine in-place density of soils having maximum
particle sizes up to 51mm using test hole volumes of approximately 2.8L.
· ASTM D1556, AASHTO T191
· 3.8L threaded plastic jar with detachable brass double cone fitting. The brass cone threaded on one end, flanged to 165mm (6-1/2in) on the other, with a brass cylindrical valve of 12.7mm (1/2in) dia. orifice between ends.
· Valve with stops to prevent rotating past completely open or closed positions.
· Replacement plastic jar
· Density Plates 305x305mm (12x12in) aluminium alloy with 12.7mm (1/2in) high edge walls.
· Poly sample bags, qty. 100,
· 25°-125°F pocket dial thermometer,
· Bristle brush
· 1in steel chisel
· Stainless steel spoonRubber mallet.