Servomechanism System For Stepper Motor Description and Specifications for Lab Tenders
Servomechanism System For Stepper Motor.
Stepper motors are largely used for position controls, like for
example: computer peripherals, textile industry, integrated
circuit manufacturing industries, robotics, etc. A stepper motor
can be considered as a digital electromechanical device,
where each input pulse corresponds to a motion of the rotor of
a discrete angle, called step angle.
So, the stepper motor is used in open-loop position controls,
by simply counting the number of pulses sent to the stator. In
this context, the proposed equipment mod. SM1/EV, enables
the high level analytical/experimental study of stepper motors.
The power of the servomechanism, the circuit solutions and the
used components allow developing the Educational program
on a completely industrial product and not only on a reduced
• Stepper motor: electrical and mechanical characteristics;
• Equivalent circuits;
• Position control;
• Structure of the bipolar-chopper servomechanims;
• Application range;
• Analysis of the MOSFET transistor power stage;
• Phase currents;
• Full-, half-, quarter-step excitation;
• Current reduction;
• Dynamics of the system;
• Analysis and use of the supervision software from PC;
• Troubleshooting experiences in the servomechanism.
• EDUBOX® mounting structure;
• Silk screen printed diagram with the different circuit
blocks of the system;
• Measurement test-points;
• External control panel with switches and rotary
• Non-destructive fault simulator: possibility of insertion of 8
faults at max with the same number of switches.
Power supply: 230 Vac 50 Hz single-phase - 300 VA
(Other voltage and frequency under request)
Dimensions: 380 x 330 x 130 mm
Weight: about 10 Kg
• Set-points which can be fixed inside or via PC;
• Output current: variable from 4 to 10 A;
• Operative mode: bipolar;
• “H”-bridge power stage with 4 MOSFET power transistors;
• High switching frequency;
• Control: bidirectional;
• Protections: max./min. voltage, temperature, short-circuit;
• Diagnostics with signaling LED diodes;
• Single-phase rectifier bridge from network.
MOTOR UNIT CHARACTERISTICS:
• Metal base;
• 2-phase stepper motor;
• Step angle: 1.8°;
• Bipolar nominal angle: 4 A;
• Bipolar torque: 110 N•cm.
Data acquisition and supervision program:
• Interface card inside the equipment, complete with SRAM
• Connection to PC serial standard port: RS232 (PC not included);
• Demo software in WIN 95/98 or superior.
THEORETICAL-APPLICATION HANDBOOK OF THE
MODULE WITH GUIDE TO THE APPLICATIONS.
INSTALLATION, USE AND MAINTENANCE
INSTRUMENTS - NOT INCLUDED -
- FUNCTION GENERATOR